Pacific Island road trip - Pack for a Purpose
This week we are winging our way on a photoshoot roadtrip to Fiji - our final international destination of 2015. We wanted to contribute to the community hosting us, and when searching for the best way to do that, we came across the wonderful organisation Pack for a Purpose.
Pack for a Purpose is a charitable organisation with a mission is to positively impact communities around the world by helping out travellers who want to take meaningful contributions to the destinations they visit. They match up the specific needs of community projects, most of which are educational or medical, with travellers heading that way.
If you are a traveller, it's simple to contribute.
1. Select your destination from the Pack for a Purpose website
2. Find an accommodation or tour company and a project it supports.
3. Choose the supplies you wish to take from the specific items requested.
4. Drop off the supplies at the accommodation or tour company.
5. The supplies will then be delivered to the community-based project.
We are spending time in the beautiful Yasawa Islands, and have chosen to bring much needed medical supplies to support the wonderful community work done at the Kese Health Centre.
If you are a traveller, check it out! Just 1 or 2kg of packed supplies can make a huge difference to a community.
Let's get creative!
Saya and Ant